Thursday, September 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday - Vol. 1




1. I got this idea for a sewing project the other day. A portfolio to hold prefold diapers, with pockets to hold snappi, ointment, covers, and even a wetbag pocket built into the liner. It's hard to explain, but it's going to be awesome. Ambitious? You bet. Especially since a) I have no design experience and b) I can hem, but that's about it. However, I stumbled across this Doctor Who-themed fabric on Spoonflower, so I can't NOT do this project!

2. We are trying to sell our starter home so that we can move closer to my husband's new job (currently about an hour away). Once we don't have to pay for as much gasoline anymore, I can be a stay-at-home mama! Anyway, we have an open house this Sunday and I am REALLY REALLY hoping that our house's next owner comes.


3. The baby has slept through the night for the last week or so, 7:30pm - 7:30am. He slept through the night sporadically before then, but this is definitely the longest stretch. He has always been a really good sleeper, and it makes me nervous. What if the next baby is a terrible sleeper? I will be a mess.

4. Also, last week he was suddenly not a crank anymore. This makes me think he is plotting something. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

5. Since Conor started having a regular bedtime, I instituted what I call"Mandatory Read in Bed O'Clock" with Nemo. We both enjoy reading, but neither of us get much of a chance to anymore. He because he no longer takes the train to work and I because I'm either at work or hanging out with an infant all day and trying to squeeze chores into naptimes. Anyhoo, we now make an effort to get into bed at a reasonable hour and read for 15-20 minutes before lights out. I have to say this is one of my best ideas ever. Even so, I have been working on the same book for MONTHS. And I call myself a librarian. Sheesh.

6. There is no food in the house. Almost literally. We haven't done our bulk stock-up at Aldi for weeks because we've been so busy. The plus side is that we've spent only a third of our grocery budget so far this month. The negative side is that we have been subsisting on PBJs for lunch and hamburgers on bread (as we have no buns) for dinner for weeks. I think I have scurvy.

7. I am trying very hard not to call the daycare today to check on my baby. He's fine, I know he's fine. I just miss him.


Wow. Those were not quick AT ALL. Sorry guys.

1 comment:

  1. If you create this diaper holder, send me the pattern! I'm no seamstress- at all- but that sounds amazing!!!

    Love your reading in bed date! :)

    ReplyDelete