Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bib Fail

I received a lot of receiving blankets as gifts before C was born. I had three baby showers. Not my idea. Anyway, they were taking up a full drawer-and-a-half in C's dresser, and I thought about donating them...then I had a different idea. While I had a abundance of blankets I had a dearth of bibs. Which is a problem when your baby spits up approximately 1/3 of what he eats. So I decided to turn the blankets into bibs.

I designed them myself. One side flannel receiving blanket, one side chenille that I had left over from another project. Velcro closure in the back. They were so cute, and I was so proud of them! And it was nice that they were free except for the Velcro.

And then I realized that they didn't fit around my baby's neck.

That's what happens when you only do your sewing when the baby is asleep.

(In my defense, he has an exceptionally chubby neck).

My next day off I plan for round 2, this time with snaps instead of Velcro, side closures, and more measuring, of course. There are plenty more receiving blankets, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment