Thursday, October 6, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol 2.

1. For the past three years I have participated in National Novel Writing Month. I "won" the first two times, but last year I stopped at 15,000 words because I was in the early first trimester then, and I was too stressed/worried/tired to continue. I'm thinking of trying again this year. I can totally write 1,667 words a day during nap times, right?


2.

3. Twenty-three days until I will no longer be working as a librarian. I will always have a librarian's brain, but my heart will always be at home.



4. I'm trying to put together a Halloween costume for C. It's not going well. The last time I dressed up was when I was eighteen, and I was so lazy that I just used a sheet as a toga. So yeah, I am bad at coming up with costumes. So far all I have decided on is this onesie I found on Etsy. Sigh. I don't really know where to go from here.



5. Older sister had a beautiful, BIG (10lbs 1 oz) baby boy three weeks ago. Unfortunately she is having a really rough time, as she has a rambunctious 2 year old and her husband can't pitch in much because he is working and going to school. I am trying to put together a care package to cheer her up, but I'm having a hard time coming up anything. Anyone have ideas?


6. I had a storytime group today that contained a set of identical twin girls named Eva and Ava. It was not the least bit confusing.


7. I need to stop surfing Diaperswappers while I'm at work. It's a bad habit. Plus, I totally have enough diapers. I really never thought I was going to be THAT cloth diapering mama.

1 comment:

  1. For the Halloween costume I had some ideas for using the onesie,
    Circus ringmaster:
    http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/dress-up/fancy/mens/ring-master.jpg

    Classic mobster:
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiK5tNLx3zPmrjHCJduemBdVUj0sRlVLdjVFoAllaqwZkOLi97Z1UumSyKqA

    Nerd:
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqETglL2cdDPKcEXOMIueYkxgTKWakbtpm0suBZWJ177wav2trJiUWVSPS

    Butler:
    http://www.go4costumes.com/stockimages/31956.jpgWaiter

    And I couldn't find pictures for these costume ideas I had:
    English Gentleman
    Ship Captain

    And I thought this was so darn cute :)
    http://www.caplanmiller.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Infant_Toddler_Boys_Vintage_Style_Black_Knickers_Outfit_5_piece_set_Suspenders_Bowtie_Newsboy_Cap_White_Shirt.jpg

    I love putting together costumes so I thought I'd share. :) I hope you figure out something! I just found your blog when I was looking at bloggers with similar interests. :P

    ReplyDelete