Thursday, October 20, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol 3.



1.CJ has been asleep for a whole hour. I don't know what to do with myself. I tried taking a snooze myself but was rudely awakened when one of the cats jumped up onto my bedside table to drink from my water bottle. What a jerk.
2. I have written 5,752 words of my NaNoWriMo novel so far! 1/10th of the way there!

3. Once CJ wakes up I will be attempting my first bulk grocery shopping trip with him. We are old pros at picking up milk and eggs at the corner store, but not doing a several week's worth of shopping at Aldi. Yipes.

4. I was frustrated yesterday because CJ had been fussy and I hadn't been able to get any cleaning or chores done all day. I asked Nemo what the point was of me staying home if I'm accomplishing the same amount of stuff that I did when I was working. To which he replied, "You're not staying home so we can have a clean house. You're staying home so CJ can be raised in a loving environment." That's why I like him. He is really good at reminding me what's important.

5. We're planning our first in-house date night for next week. I've bought some wine and put steaks on the menu, but other than that I am drawing a blank. Any recommendations for our "Stayte Night"? Yahtzee?

6. CJ had his first bite of rice cereal the other day. He was kinda underwhelmed with it.

7. Oh my goodness, he is still asleep. Ridiculous. I am going to do some sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Try this as a super yummy side dish:
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spaghetti-sweet-potatoes-ricotta-recipe-00000000020553/index.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete