Tuesday, October 18, 2011

All at once

Wow, what a week. Nemo's illness turned out to be very severe, and I had to take him to the ER last Wednesday night. They didn't find out what was wrong with him, but they gave him lots of IV fluids, steroids, and painkillers and that turned him right around. Luckily CJ's lovely godmother came over to stay with Conor, so I didn't have to expose him to any hospital germs.

Immediately after Nemo started feeling better and was able to sleep through the night, CJ decided to go through his 4-month growth spurt! At least, I think that's what it was. He got up two nights in a row for a midnight snack, which he hasn't done since he was eight weeks old. I was completely beside myself that second night. I couldn't bear the thought of him making a habit of getting up at night again, now that I just got used to a full night's sleep.

Plus, Nemo has to take his antibiotics every six hours, which means he has to set an alarm to take them in the middle of the night, which wakes me up, and then he has to get up for work at 5, which also wakes me up--now that I don't have all of that postpartum adrenaline, all of this nighttime waking is really taking its toll on me.

And now I have to take CJ to the pediatrician this afternoon because last night when I got him home from daycare there was some blood in his diaper. Very unsettling, and I just want to get it checked out.

Anyway, I feel like I can't catch a break. I can only be in robot-mode for so long without having a meltdown, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment