In ten short days I will be leaving my job at the library to be a stay at home mom. I'm feeling excited and nervous and every emotion in between.
I'm a wee bit worried because I have a tendency towards laziness. Without a fixed schedule or somewhere to be, I am the type of person to stay in my pajamas all day. So, I have set some SAHM goals for myself:
1. Get dressed first thing in the morning. Yoga pants don't count!
2. Take CJ on excursions twice a week. Storytimes at the library, playdates, daily mass, etc. I am very lucky to live in an area with a very active Catholic Moms Meetup group, so I will never have to try very hard to find something to do.
3. Get out of the house sometimes. Nemo will be handling bedtime one night a week so I can get out and go to a yoga class or a coffee shop or something.
4. Cook more. I plan on spending CJ's afternoon naps preparing dinner. Up til now Nemo has been dinner-maker-in-chief, but I want to try to delve into the world of cooking. We'll see how that goes. At least I won't lack for funny blog topics. Seriously, my cooking faux pas are epic.
5. Stick to the chore schedule. Once the daily chores are done, then and only then can I turn on Friday Night Lights!
That's all I have so far. I know it is going to be a huge adjustment and it is going to take some fine-tuning before I come up with a system that works for me. I can't wait to start!