Monday, October 3, 2011

To be or not to be...

...a landlady.

We got an offer on our house over the weekend. Nowhere near what we were looking for, but an offer nonetheless. Even though they probably won't accept our counteroffer, it has really spurred us into trying to figure out our living situation in New City.

As I won't be working outside the home when we move, Nemo has suggested several times that we buy a multi-unit home so we can live in one unit and rent out the other(s) to make some extra income. While we will be able to live on Nemo's salary, it is still just a professor's salary and we want C to have piano lessons when he is older, so any extra money would be welcome.

I'm finally starting to warm up to the idea. After all, I love budgeting and scheduling and fixing things. All skills a landlady should have. Of course I still have my qualms, the biggest being that my people skills are a tad lacking.

So anyway, we are going to New City this Sunday to look at some houses with our realtor. One is a Victorian mansion that is split up into six apartments and strangely affordable. The pictures online are GORGEOUS, it's within walking distance to Nemo's job (we plan on becoming a one-car family when we move), and the lot is 3.5 acres--perfect for the dog we plan on getting. I'm very excited to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment