Friday, December 2, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 4

1. I broke my last sewing machine needle yesterday afternoon, just as I was attempting to make my first handmade swiffer wet pad out of one of Nemo's old t-shirts. I'm just dying to finish it and see if it works...we're off to the store as soon as CJ wakes up from his nap.

2. I made it to daily mass three times this week! That's a record for me, I think. Next week, my goal is to get to a holy hour.

3. My brother, who is in the National Guard, is graduating from Advanced Individual Training (AIT) today. Yay for him!

4. Older Sister, who just went back to work after having her second baby, just found out that the baby's daycare is closing down mere weeks after opening. Now she is kind of in the lurch trying to sort out day care. She just can't seem to catch a break:(

5. In preparation for Christmas, Nemo and I are reading from Advent with the Saints: Daily Reflections every evening. Ok, we just started last night so it's not a trend yet. But I am going to try to keep it up!

6. Family pictures tomorrow. I am a mess. Nemo and I had some done last year too, but it is so much easier coordinating two outfits than three. Fashion is not one of my intelligences.

7. We have another house showing tomorrow as well. It's the second one this week, which is good. All I want for Christmas is this house to be sold. I am so ready for the suspense to be over.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Daily Mass three times this week! I love daily mass!!!

    I'm with you on #6 - I would love someone to come dress me when we have to have pictures taken.

    ReplyDelete