Friday, December 16, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 6


1. So, CJ's roll-over from last week seems to have been a fluke. He has done it a couple of times since then, but by accident and/or with help from furniture. Sigh. He will be six months on December 26 and then he will be officially behind in that department.

2. Yesterday I ran a mile without stopping. It was agonizingly slow, but that is the first time I have done that in over a year. I've been working for two weeks to get to this point!

3. But I think my running days might be over for a while because this morning I was hurrying down the stairs in my stocking feet to get something out of the laundry room and my foot slipped out from under me and I fell really hard and slid the rest of the way down the stairs. I have various cuts, scrapes, and bruises but its nothing a few band-aids and some ice can't fix, but man, this isn't how I thought today would go.

4. I am going to have a bruise the size of Texas on my leg. My upper leg. Ok, fine, my butt. I am currently sitting on an ice pack.

5. I am thankful that 1) I wasn't holding CJ at the time and 2) that Nemo is at home today, because I definitely needed help getting on my feet again.

6. Tomorrow we are having a Christmas get-together with two of our close couple friends. I'm really excited!

7. That means I really should wash the Christmas outfit that my mom sent for CJ but...kinda scared to go to the laundry room again, if I can be honest. Ii guess Nemo is on laundry duty today. So much for working from home:/

1 comment:

  1. 1. Don't panic too much if he's not right on time, there is a plus/minus 6 month window for developmental milestones for infants and toddlers before it is considered a delay.

    2. and 3. Yay for getting a run in, but bummer on the fall. Prayers for quick healing! Your new town has a great rail-trail for running on.

    ReplyDelete