This Christmas I am thankful:
1. That Nemo is good at working with his hands. I wanted to buy CJ a toy chest on Etsy for Christmas, but Nemo suggested that he make one instead, and that really is so much better! I can't wait to see it.
2. For a family that doesn't look down at me for having a sleep deprivation-induced meltdown or two.
3. For being blessed with caring friends. I have always struggled to be social, and thanks to my wonderful friends I have (partially) overcome many of my insecurities.
4. For Advent Prayer Buddies. I love taking part in this, and thanks to all of the blogger ladies that put it together!
5. For a new perspective on Christmas. When I was younger I was intensely materialistic and I knew it. I recently came across an old journal entry from when I was in my early teens in which I wrote about how much it bothered me that I craved and expected presents at Christmas. The more I got, the more I wanted. This made me reflect on my current expectations and I was happy to find that, if faced with receiving absolutely nothing, it would not bother me a bit.
6. That God has graced me with the desire to know him better and to try to follow him as best I can.
7. For my faith community, both in real life and online. Without the constant support and teaching from these groups I think I might leave my faith by the wayside. I am a much better Christian and Catholic because of you. Thank God for you!