Thursday, March 22, 2012

Leaps and Bounds

CJ is having a very tough time right now.
First of all, his gums look like bubble wrap. I swear there are at least a half dozen teeth lurking just under the surface and having a grand old time making my baby cry.

Also, he is getting a lot more mobile. Yesterday he pulled himself up to stand using the coffee table for support, then he promptly fell and cried. And then today I went to get him up from his nap and there he was sitting in his crib like he'd been doing it all his life. He is also talking (ok, babbling) a lot more and using different intonations. All this developmental progress is not helping the situation.

For the past three days he has been sleeping poorly at night, all but refusing to take naps, and crying ever fifteen seconds during the day. It's so strange because he has never been much of a crier. Fussing, sure. He loves to do that. But we are talking out and out howling, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. It's not pretty. When I put him down to nap he screams like a banshee for at least half an hour and usually longer.

It'sjustaphaseIt'sjustaphaseIt'sjustaphaseIt'sjustaphaseIt'sjustaphase...right?

Until this rough patch blows over, I am in survival mode. And survival mode calls for ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Poor CJ - poor momma! Yes, survival mode definitely calls for ice cream; and it is just a phase.

    Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been reading up on it and apparently a sleep regression at about this age is pretty common. I went to the store to buy some ice cream, and when I brought it home I realized that it wasn't ice cream after all, but "Dairy Dessert"! Boy was I mad. There ought to be a law:)

      Delete