Thursday, July 12, 2012

My World

Let me take you on a tour of my world. Don't worry; it won't take long. Let's start here by the door.

Ok, now turn to your right.

Turn to your right again.

Aaand to the right one more time.
That's it, all 225 square feet of it. That room is working quintuple duty these days. 

Although it is unpleasant and boring at times, I'm glad that I'm learning how to live without much space. That way if we ever move to New York or Europe we won't die of shock.

In Kitchen news: We have a new back door!
 We had originally intended to keep the original door as it had character, but then as it turned out we have to build up the floor quite a bit in order to put down tile and that would have meant shaving down the bottom of the door. And who wants to do that to a 100-year-old piece of history? Also as it turns out we like this one better. It lets in a lot more light.

Also, we have a ceiling! And hopefully the rest of the drywall will be up by the end of the week.
The bad news: The company that is fabricating our counter tops is way behind schedule and once our cabinets are in it will take them roughly two months to install our counter tops. I wouldn't care so much except if there is no counter that means no sink. And no sink means no dishwasher. Which means I will be doing the dishes in the bathroom for quite some time.

But as long as we aren't confined to "The Room" anymore, I can make it work.

5 comments:

  1. Eva, wow!! I am excited to see so much progress! You and Nate really are amazing to be able to do something so huge. Sorry about the counter top delay. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "living room"/"dining room" pics were pretty amusing :). Hopefully things will start moving along soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Snapshots. I honked out loud at the living /dining room. Please tell me you're out of the room by now???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwah ha ha I wish! But the end is in sight! We are painting this week, cabinets are going up this weekend, and flooring next week. Once we can move the kitchen stuff out of the living room and the living room stuff out of "THE ROOM" life will be so much better:)

      Delete