Sunday, August 26, 2012

Going Stir-Crazy...

...but in a good way this time.

CJ and I were recently liberated from "The Room". We've progressed far enough in the kitchen renovation that we could reclaim the living room from all the kitchen stuff.  We haven't yet moved the living room furniture back to where it goes but it doesn't really matter; CJ is just delighted to have a big empty space to run around in!

It's not complete freedom, as the rest of the house is still a disaster, but it is a huge improvement. Parole, if you will.

The kitchen, while still lacking a sink, dishwasher, and counter tops, now has cooking appliances.
(The island has been added where the blue ladder is since this picture was taken.)
I am in hogs' heaven. I don't normally like to cook, but I have gone absolutely stir-crazy. I've made like a zillion new and exciting dishes in the last few weeks.  
Black Bean Soup. From scratch! I am culinary genius a la Bridget Jones.
 Whole-Grain Pancakes. They really taste too good to actually be good for me, but they are!
I checked out umpteen cookbooks from the library. I signed up for a CSA vegetable delivery program. I put Maple Salmon on the September meal plan. I'm feeling very adventurous, food-wise, just now. What does a rutabaga taste like? I INTEND TO FIND OUT.
Of course I am really shooting myself in the foot by doing all this fancy-schmancy cooking. I still have to do all of the dishes in the bathroom, and dishes time has been lengthening considerably lately. Totally worth it. Food is wonderful! I will never eat chicken nuggets again!


No comments:

Post a Comment