Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 12)

-1- 
First and foremost, it is within the realm of possibility that I will have a working dishwasher by the end of this weekend. It has been in it's place for months now, but first because the counters were delayed and then the lack of a part that had to be special ordered, it hasn't been installed. It just sits there, mocking me. Now the counters are in and the part is here! I say that it's "possible" that it will be installed only because I know from experience that sometimes these things take longer than anticipated.

-2- 
I have chronic lower back pain that stems from poor posture and is exacerbated by being pregnant...a month ago I finally had enough and went to a chiropractor. I don't know how or why it works, but it DOES. After the first appointment a good 75% of my pain was gone, and it has been getting steadily better and better ever since. I can lift things! Bend over (sort of)! Get comfortable enough to sleep!

-3-
CJ got all dressed up for Halloween. Everyone thought he was a teddy bear. You can think he's a teddy bear too, if you want, but you get bonus points if you know what he was really dressed as.

-4-
After a year of great cloth diapering, everything went wrong! Well, not everything. Just major, major leaks every hour of the day. It turns out that the lamination on the inside of all of my covers wore out at almost the exact same time, as if they have a self-destruct mechanism that goes off after a certain number of uses. Usually I am not a big Black Friday fan, but I am really looking forward to it this year so I can get some replacements. Or maybe I should just potty train him. Sigh.

-5-
for a couple of weeks CJ has been running around the house saying "BEEE-OHHHH BEEE-OHHHH". I could not for the life of me figure out what he meant. Then yesterday I put two and two together. It means "P.U.", as in stinky. As in, "Kindly do something about this stink in my pants, Mama". Good to know.

-6-
Due to the fact that I will be eight months pregnant and most likely very uncomfortable and cranky, we won't be traveling to visit family this Christmas. So we are faced with the daunting challenge of making Christmas holy, beautiful, and fun all on our own for the first time ever. Must come up with some traditions, and fast!

-7- 
 Can't think. Brain not working. Going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear what's going on in your life, Eva! Wonderful ewok costume! We're also staying put for the holidays, with no expected visitors, so I'm with you in casting around for traditions and activities. I'm hoping to do a homemade advent calender, and the whole padding the bed for the baby Jesus with offerings and good deeds thing. Now to find a baby Jesus doll... Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A homemade Advent calendar sounds wonderful! I'm sure with you at the helm it will turn out beautifully. Something I hope to do this year is have an Advent wreath...kind of embarrassing that I don't have one!

      Delete