Monday, December 3, 2012

A Room for CJ

At first glance, CJ's bedroom looks fine, if a little old ladyish (that's to be expected because we did actually buy the house from an old lady).
But step a little closer and you will see that it has problems. Sure the flooring looks like an area rug over parquet...

...but if you turn back a corner of the rug you will see that the parquet isn't even real--it's stick-on tiles! Not only that, but it doesn't even cover the entire room. The tiles only cover the areas that the rug doesn't. Underneath the rug is just sub floor.



 And here's the kicker--the rug has actually been tacked down on the edges to keep people from discovering this dirty secret.


I have got it in my head that I need to make-over CJ's room before Baby Girl gets here. I suspect nesting-inducing hormones are responsible for making this decision. But! My little boy deserves a little boy room, and what's more, a room with a real floor.

I have been working hard the last few weeks assembling everything that we need, and hopefully once that's done we will be able to get it done in a weekend. Sure, we should be working on kitchen stuff, but that project has been going on for absolutely ever (and by "forever" I mean six months, which is a long time) and I need a project that will make a big difference in a small amount of time. For morale, you see.

Here's a sneak peak of the project:



I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the colors! Can't wait to see it :).

    ReplyDelete