Saturday, December 29, 2012

CJ's Room: Done-ish

What a whirlwind! We started this project on the Friday before Christmas and we were able to move the furniture back in on Monday morning (Christmas Eve). At which point we fled to my in-laws' and enjoyed a well-deserved break from house projects.

Before:
 
After!:  
I got the shelves for $2 each at the Salvation Army. They were in kind of rough shape and someone had painted them (poorly) with a flat red paint, but after I sanded them, primed them, and painted them, they don't look half bad! I think they were my favorite part about the whole project. 
I made the curtains too, but that wasn't one of my favorite parts. Making curtains is a pain in the tush.

Woe-bot and St. James hanging out.


Lookin' good, floors!

I am really liking the new furniture layout. The crib used to be partially blocking the door and it was kind of hard to squeeze through.

The room still needs a few finishing touches, but...I'm going to ignore that fact for now. I'm enjoying the transformation way too much to be bothered about things like that:)

1 comment: