Friday, February 22, 2013

CJ's Hair

The first thing people notice about CJ is his hair. He was born with a full head of hair, and when he was about 10 or 11 months old it started curling in a BIG way.

About the same time it started to curl, his hair also got longer and longer.  We had to cut his bangs for the first time when he was a year old, but we let the back grow since we liked his curls so much. You can't tell from these pictures, but when his hair was wet it came down to his shoulders. No joke.

So he'd been looking extra shaggy lately. The dry winter weather was causing it to always stick up and go every which way out from his head. Whenever he gave me hugs his hair would smother me. Plus I hadn't seen his eyebrows in a really long time.
I struggled with this decision for a while, but eventually I made an appointment for him to get his first-ever haircut.

It went pretty well. Daddy held him while he held a filched hairbrush and watched cartoons. My job was to hand him a yogurt melt whenever he looked like he wanted to grab the barber's scissors.

I told the barber to keep it on the long side since I'm not emotionally ready for CJ to be curl-less. And bless him, he did.

Ok, so it doesn't look that different. But believe me, it is! It's about thee inches shorter now and is considerablyly less messy and smothery. I like it. He could care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment