Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Five Favorites {Vol. 1}

Linking up with Hallie for my first Five Favorites!

{1}
When my mom was in town this spring we went to the garden center to buy mulch for my very neglected-looking flower beds. While we were there I came across these gloves.
I tried them on and then almost did a back flip for joy because they actually fit me! Never in my life have I had a pair of gardening gloves that fit my extra-tiny hands. I usually just garden without any gloves because they typically make the job even harder. But these ones, they are a dream come true. They fit so well (like, um, a glove) and are so comfortable that I sometimes forget I am wearing them. Plus, they are super durable. I have been using them for some pretty rough outdoor jobs and they are holding together.

{2} 
Numbers are CJ's favorite. And that makes them my favorite, because if I ever need a distraction I can give him a pack of playing cards and when I come back he is doing this:
Yeah, he sorts them into piles of like numbers. Did I mention that he loves numbers? Before you say that that is pretty advanced for a not-even-two-year-old, I will just say that when he is done sorting them he sometimes tries to eat them.

{3}


Unlike CJ, who lives on cheese, fruit, and air (and sometimes playing cards), Noni seems to have a taste for food. She is 4.5 months old and technically shouldn't be starting solids for another few months, but she clearly has other ideas. Here she is forcibly depriving me of my corn on the cob:
This is my favorite because I can't tell you how many hours I have spent plotting my next move in the CJ vs. The Food war. I'm on the side of food. I am hoping against  hope that Noni won't imitate this particular trait of  his!

{4}
My new (also my one and only) exercise DVD.


 I got it for those days when I just can't get out on my own to run. I spent many  hours researching which DVD to get and in the end it was down to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Ballet Beautiful: Total Body Workout. I think I made the right decision in the end. This one has very peaceful classical music playing in the background, it's low-impact so I won't bring my 100-year-old house crashing down around my ears, and best of all it seems very effective. I've been using it for three days--THREE!--and I swear  I am already seeing results.

{5}
Dumpster divers. 
I used to spend a lot of energy trying to get construction waste from our various house projects to the proper place for disposal or recycling. Finally one day I got super frustrated that after several weeks of trying I just could not get myself, two babies, and over 50 pounds of scrap metal into our tiny car and get to the junkyard to recycle it. So I just left it on the curb one day, planning to put a curb alert on Craigslist when I got a minute, and WITHIN THE HOUR someone came by and asked if they could take it. Um, yes please. Dumpster divers, I salute you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment