Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Five Favorites {Vol. 2}

Linking up with Hallie for another round of Five Favorites!

{1}


The other night, a priest who served in our parish until recently, appeared on Jeopardy! In honor of the occasion we let CJ stay up late and we made a big bowl of popcorn to eat together. I ate the popcorn by first getting a healthy spoonful of Nutella, dipping it into the communal popcorn bowl, and then eating whatever popcorn that came out stuck to the spoon. SO. GOOD.

{2}

Bleach made it to my favorites list this week because (gross housekeeper confession alert) I suddenly realized that have never once, in all my years of cleaning bathrooms, cleaned the toilet brush. How gross is that? I had to google how to do it because  I was at a complete loss. In case you were wondering, you do it like this:


Soak them in a bucket with 3 gallons of boiling water and 4 cups of ye olde bleach.

Now I'm starting to think that I should dedicate one day a month to actually cleaning all of the cleaning implements I own, like the dishwasher, washing machine, vacuum, and of course the toilet brushes. Got to keep those cleaners clean so they can clean cleaner, ya know?

{3}

This week at Aldi I got some of these basket weave storage bins. They were 2 for $8.99, and I got...lots. They are perfectly suited to my needs, seeing as they are darn near indestructible, easy to clean, and just the right size for trains.

{4}

 My phone. Don't worry; I'm not delusional. I know it's not the most awesome phone ever. I've had it for four years? Possibly five? A lonnnng time by modern standards. But I am super cheap and I couldn't make myself replace it when it worked just fine.

So anyway this super old phone is on my favorites list this week because it suddenly had some sort of psychotic break and started sending random text messages to people in my contacts list and not letting me answer incoming calls.

So yeah, it's time for this phone to retire.

Which means, I get a new phone! Possibly a smart phone. So exciting!

{5}
Outdoors, patio, summer weather, etc.


I love, love, love being able to take the kids outside where they are usually pretty happy to be. I also love that I can pick up the wifi while on the patio. All of that back-breaking labor to shape up the outdoor space was SO worth it.


Thanks to Hallie for hosting!

5 comments:

  1. you've changed the way i'm going to eat popcorn for the rest of my life! sweet, salty, chocolate, popcorn ... all necessary food groups are represented!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only regret is that I didn't discover this method earlier in my life. I usually don't go for salty-sweet combos but for some reason this just works for me!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! The patio looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Until recently it was covered with construction debris from our kitchen redo from...last year. So embarassing. Much less of an eyesore now:)

      Delete
  3. The other day my hubby and I melted chocolate chips and drizzled it over popcorn (we were trying to achieve some sort of compromise between a shared salty and sweet movie snack). It was SO messy and wrong it was ridiculous. Thanks for MUCH better solution (and a new excuse to eat more nutella!)

    ReplyDelete