Monday, June 10, 2013

What I Wore Sunday {vol. 1}

Today I am linking up with the ladies at Fine Linen and Purple for What I Wore Sunday and with Grace at Camp Patton for Sunday Best. Fun times!


I've wanted to take part in WIWS for some time now, but I kept punking out for two main reasons. Number one being that none of my clothes fit right thanks to my postpartum chocolate binge. The second reason being that I am super un-photogenic. The minute a camera appears I go all Jack Donaghey-y. How do I normally stand? Where do my feet go? WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS?
...........

Well, I felt like living dangerously so (after a lot of selfies to practice, of course) I decided to jump in this week. This meant abandoning my go-to Sunday outfit of stretchy jersey dress from Old Navy and finding something different and not quite as comfortable.

Skirt: Hand me down from my younger sister
Cardi: Thrifted just this week. It was really too hot for a sweater but I really wanted to take it on its inaugural outing.
Tee: Meijer
Shoes: Kohls

CJ is wearing a cute Oshkosh number. We did put shoes on him before we went to Mass, by the way. But he refuses to wear anything on his feet while indoors.

I have no idea what Noni's wearing and it's in the wash right now so I can't check! We did not put shoes on her for Mass; baby feet are just too stinkin' cute to cover up.

We've been struggling to find a "good" Mass to go to as a family. Our parish has 7:30am, 9:30am, and 11:30am Masses. Normally we would go to 9:30am, but that is right smack-dab in the middle of Noni's nap. So for the past few weeks we have been going to the 11:30 but that Mass is really long--and seems even longer because CJ is getting hungry for lunch at that time which makes him an uber crank. I think I see a lot of earrrrrrly morning Masses in our future.

We filled out our Sunday by playing outside on the patio I recently reclaimed from nature and by watching the first episode of Fr. Robert Barron's Catholicism series. I watched it last Lent but Nemo had never seen it, so it was cool to be able to watch it together. It is a really fantastic series!

Noni wasn't interested and opted to watch the cars outside the front window instead.


1 comment:

  1. Oh she is so so cute!!! And CJ - my gosh is he getting big :).

    And you look great :)!

    ReplyDelete