Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How To: Origami Party Favors

I recently had the pleasure of attending a blogger meet-and-greet that was organized by Natalie of The Busy Budgeting Mama and hosted by Ikea Pittsburgh. It was an amazing event! I had a lot of fun meeting a lot of really cool bloggers.

The attendees were encouraged to bring small treats to pass out with our business cards.Typical me, I left this until the very last minute. The day before the event I went through several versions of an idea, and this is what I finally settled on.

For this project you will need:
  • Pretty scrapbook paper
  • Raffia
  • Scissors
  • Individually wrapped tea bags (or some other small treat).

1. Start by placing a 8"x8" sheet of scrapbook paper face down on your work surface.


2. Fold the paper in half diagonally to make a triangle. Be sure to make the folded edge nice and crisp!


3. Separate the two layers and fold the top corner of the upper layer only down to the folded edge.


4. Fold down the right 1/3 of the triangle. Try to be as exact as possible.
5. Then fold down the left 1/3 of the triangle. Now you can start to see the envelope!


6. This is the tricky bit. I hope the pictures make it clear! You are going to unfold steps 4 & 5. Now you are going to insert the left corner between the two layers of the right corner.



7. Slide the left corner all the way into the right corner so it fits nice and snug.


8. Fill your envelope with a treat! (I was fervently hoping that the bloggers like tea as much as I do).


9. Fold down the flap.


10. Tie a bow around the envelope with a piece of raffia.


And there you have it! 


I loved this project. It was very affordable (I already had the scrapbook paper so I only needed to purchase the tea and the raffia) and relatively quick to make. Which was a good thing, because I didn't have a lot of time!

4 comments:

  1. I loved these! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy way to make something small into a special treat! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. baked apple cinnamon tea is one of my favorites -- i was thrilled with the treat and enjoyed the packaging, too! thanks, eva!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god! This is so pretty! I never thought this is so easy to make. I will make some of this for Christmas! I am so excited for this project. Thank you so much for sharing this. -www.westeastimports.com

    ReplyDelete