Anyway, back to the upcycled dresses. I was instantly enamored of the idea and while I am no where near as talented as Allison I thought I would give the concept a whirl. I stopped by the St. Vincent de Paul store and picked up a load of old tshirts for $1 each to practice on. And I did need practice.
I really liked the colors on this one but other than that it didn't have much going for it. The skirt was too narrow and it was hindering Noni's attempts at crawling. The belt was placed wrong, which is why you can't see it in the picture. It's hidden under her belly chunk. Oh well, back to the sewing table.
Gathering. I haven't done it since I was a kid "helping" my mom make a Halloween costume. I knew the basic concept so I just plowed forward without the aid of Youtube videos. Despite that, they turned out ok. Not masterpieces, but hey, ruffles!
With this most recent attempt I changed the placement of the sleeves and fiddled with the ruffles a little. The execution isn't great, but I am finally happy with the design. It's comfortable (I assume), easy to move in, and fun to look at.
But now I am out of t shirts. And I have out myself on a thrifting diet so I can catch up on my project queue. Double sad face.
But as soon as I paint a few things I am totally back at the St. Vincent store to get a zillion more tees, 'cause I think she needs about a dozen more.
Shared at Link Party Palooza
Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.