Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oops.

So the cat I mentioned in last Friday's post?

Yeah...he's under my desk chair as we speak.

We just couldn’t get him out of our heads. For several days we tried to decide if we wanted to take on a new cat. The first cat we owned as a married couple, Rousseau, died back in April. Our remaining cat, Morwen, is a neurotic mess and we weren’t sure how she would handle a strange cat in the house. And we weren’t sure we wanted to take the gamble that he might take after her. One feline basket case in the family is enough.

In the end we decided to go for it. While Nemo and the kids were away for the weekend I went to the shelter to fill out the paperwork and bring this orange baby home.
We’ve named him Pippin.
 IMG_0136
 He had been in the shelter for about 3 months, and he is about 5 months old now. I couldn’t believe that he had been without a home so long. Who wouldn’t want to snatch him up?

IMG_0129
 He’s been ours for three days and other than typical kitten rambunctiousness he doesn’t seem to have any behavioral problems.

He is playful and cuddly and best of all is doing wonderfully with the kids. Morwen possesses none of those qualities. She spends her days hiding from them and her nights yowling at us. She’s a peach, that one.

The kids are mutually delighted with Pippin.

IMG_0128
 When CJ and I first saw him at Petco, CJ was jumping around with joy and saying, “Meow Meow! Meow Meow!”, which is what he calls his stuffed kitty. Now that Pippin is here it is easy why he got the two of them confused.

I mean, the resemblance between them really is uncanny. Even down to the color of the eyes and the splotch of white on the neck.

IMG_0139
IMG_0142
It’s like he was made for us.
BTW do you see how big his paws are? I think he might be the size of a mountain lion when he grows up. Yikes.

  photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful kitty! I don't think I would have been able to get him out of my head, either. I'm so excited to get our own again once we move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, ignore my comment on Friday's post - clearly I got my days mixed up regarding Nemo hiding out and you having a good weekend - I do hope it went well! Don't ignore the part about coming to DIY at my house ;).

    Love Pippin!!! Such a cutie - the resemblance to Meow Meow is amazing :). I'd have had a hard time letting that one go too I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no worries! My weekend did go spectacularly. Nemo would have loved to hang with you guys. I'll let you know the next time we're in town:)

      Delete