Wednesday, November 6, 2013

5 Faves


I haven't posted very many of these because whenever Wednesday rolls around the only favorite things I can think of are chocolate and scotch. I imagine that would get kind of monotonous, posting about Snickers and Glen Morangie week after week. But here I am, finally, with a legit Five Favorites! Head over to Moxie Wife for more awesomeness.

{one}
 

I am not a person that enjoys scary movies or tv shows. When I was about thirteen years old someone told me the plot of Poltergeist and I slept with the lights on for weeks. Scary just isn't my thing. (Except when it is The X-Files. Who doesn't love The X-Files?)

HOWEVER.

I am hopelessly devoted 2 Sleepy Hollow.

Is it the feisty female cop?
Is it the time travel?
Is it the vague connection to a literary classic?
Is the New England scenery?
Is it the bearded male lead who reminds me a leetle bit of my Nemo?

Who knows. Who cares. I love it forever.

{two} 
Serger!

A while back my grandma gave me an old serger and it has made making my little dresses a breeze. 


 I pretty much spend all of my free time on them. I think my favorite part of the process is going to thrift stores multiple times per week to make sure I snap up all the cute tees before someone else does.

The problem with this is that I now have wayyy more dresses than Noni can reasonably be expected to wear. So I've put a couple up in my Etsy shop to look for their forever  homes:)


{three}


It is a truth universally acknowledged that I am a sucker for tv shows with awesome costumes. I don't watch Game of Thrones for the birds and the bees, you know.

When my mom was in town recently she introduced me to Bomb Girls, a series centered around a group of women working in a Canadian bomb factory during World War II.

Besides the gripping story lines and well-developed characters, you should watch it for the totally cute dresses.

{four}
Language Development

I am pretty stoked that CJ is moving beyond the mimicking portion of language development and has started expressing his own thoughts in his own way. Everything he says is no longer a direct quote from me! Yay!
For example, he can give my mom a guided tour of his bedroom, tattle on his sister, and request something specific for lunch.

Of course, he still walks around saying, "Oh trap! Ipad broken!" Which is a direct quote from me. Trap.

{five}
Resusable drinking straws.

I have sensitive teeth, which makes drinking cold liquids notmyfavorite. I usually fill my mason jar of water in the morning and let it sit around until it reaches room temperature before attempting to drink it.

But now that cold weather is upon us and we are complete skinflints when it comes to utilities, the temperature in our house is not room temperature. Which means I have to choose between hurty teeth and dehydration.

Then a couple weeks ago I had the idea to drink my water with a straw. I know, I have astounding mental powers.

I didn't like the idea of using and throwing away a new plastic straw every day, so I got these reusable ones off Amazon.


I am happy to say that the problem is solved.

 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment