Sunday, November 10, 2013

That 70s What I Wore Sunday

Linking up with the ladies at Fine Linen and Purple again this week!  I just have to say that, without the WIWS linkup I would still be wearing yoga pants and hoodies most of the time, and that doesn't do much for morale. So thank you, WIWS hosts and all the ladies who link up. I've learned so much from you!


The Mass

We went to "Daddy's work church", aka the University chapel, again this week. Both the kids get very high marks for behavior, despite the fact that they are both sick and snotty and we forgot the church bag in the car. Then, CJ was showing signs of being well-disposed to church today because he specifically asked to watch Brother Francis during his morning tv viewing, rather than his usual LeapFrog fare.

So yeah, two sick kids, no quiet toys, most enjoyable Mass in a long time. Who would have thunk.


The Outfit

For the first time together onstage! This outfit is made up completely of stuff I have had in my closet for years and yet never once put them together into an ensemble.

Sweater: St. Vincent de Paul

Shirt: ummmm...Goodwill? Can't remember. It used to be part of my "career" wardrobe.

Skirt: Hand-me-down from my little sister. Who is actually taller than me, but luckily we are the same size otherwise. Even though we live 350 miles apart we still share clothes.

Boots: Keen Ferno High Boot. You're going to be seeing a lot of these boots this winter, folks. They are my only pair and I love them so much I don't really see a reason to add to my collection.

Necklace: Acquired at an accessory swap at my MOPS group last year. It reminds me of my grandmother for some reason so I wear it all the time.

Earrings: Made by my talented sister in law, who has an Etsy shop, by the way.

I feel like I should be in a knitting magazine from the 1970s. Don't care. I CANNOT believe it took me so long to discover this outfit that's been lurking in my closet.

Blessed Sunday, everyone!
 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

5 comments:

  1. You look so cute-- I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sweater and jewelry and I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great!! Of course, living in Florida we don't get to do much layering...so I'm super jealous of your whole look! Hope the littles feel better soon! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the sweater! Love the boots! LOVE the jewelry! The 70s are alive and well these days! ;-) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute outfit, Eva! I like the colors and patterns you chose; classy and cute!

    ReplyDelete