Sunday, December 22, 2013

Channeling Miss Gulch {What I Wore Sunday}

Linking up with the Fine Linened ladies again this week.

So, Noni is going through the stage of "I don't want you to hold me, but I DEFINITELY don't want you to put me down". This turns the 60+ minutes of Mass into an amazing upper body workout as I wrestle a 30-pound teeth-gnashing honey badger.

I was so worn out that after the Eucharist I had to take her to the cry room just so I could sit on the floor and she could crawl all over me. This is her solution to the "we must be touching, but don't hold me, woman!" problem. Of course when I left with Noni, CJ had an only-mommy moment and Nemo had to bring him to the cry room too. Sigh.

Despite that, it was actually a very pleasant Mass. After all, there were no head injuries. I call that a win.

Zee outfit.


Blouse: Inspired by Laura Rose's high necked blouse from a couple of months back. Gosh, what a great top. I found this one at a thrift store, and I'm not quite sure if it is actually vintage or just vintage style, but either way it is 100% polyester, baybee! 

...Actually, now that I think about it, it must be vintage, because I had to remove some giant shoulder pads before I would wear it out of the house. 

Well aren't I cool, wearing bona fide vintage clothing and whatnot.

Skirt: Worthington. Has been languishing in my mending pile for several months because the stitching on the closure was coming loose. So boring. Who wants to waste nap time on fixing skirt closures? Finally got around to it a few days ago and boy am I glad I did because it's one of my favorites, fit-wise. 

Shoes: Note the conspicuous absence of my Keen boots. The weather is bananas right now, and it was in the 60s by the time we left for the 11:00am Mass. Spring-like weather calls for actual shoes! These ones are Madden Girl, of the ancient variety.

The crazy weather made taking the pictures kind of difficult. When we headed outside it was fine, just a little overcast--but within 10 seconds a strong wind kicked up and 10 seconds after that it started raining.

Ok, we're done here.

I'm not sure I nailed this outfit. Am I channeling my inner Gibson girl or am I just a little

?



Happy Sunday, everyone!

 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. I love the red top with the skirt! It just pops with the tweed (?). Those days at mass are hard-I wish you best of luck at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty red top, Eva! What a fun vintage find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shirt--I'm a sucker for vintage style!

    ReplyDelete