Friday, December 13, 2013

Elf, Beer, and Floor Plans {7 Quick Takes}

Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary

{one}
I am a sucker for floorplans...I spent most of my childhood sketching out floor plans for hypothetical houses on my dad's pad of graph paper. I was a whole new breed of weird. Anyway, I was delighted to see this infographic, which has the floor plans of many fictional homes, including Bilbo Baggins' hobbit hole and Thornfield Hall from Jane Eyre.  CHECK IT OUT.


{two}
The other day we had some gift money lying around so Nemo and I (responsible adults that we are) spent it on beer. We got a Magic Hat variety case, with the intention that I would get all the stouts and porters and he would get everything else. I like me some dark beer.
Anyway, I tried some of his IPA (India Pale Ale, a style of beer known for its hoppy flavor and is somehow sweet and bitter at the same time) and I found it to be undrinkable.

Me (in a very polite tone): HOW CAN YOU DRINK THAT STUFF IT'S DISGUSTING!

Nemo: Because it makes you burp flowers.

Me: ......

(To clarify, he likes IPAs because of the sweet, flowery taste. I have never been able to detect any flowers because the bitter flavor steals the show.)

Sorry, just had to share.


{three}
Overheard:
CJ was playing with his alphabet puzzle and he kept turning one of the pieces over and over.

CJ: Now it's an M! Now it's a W! Now it's an M! AMAZING!!!

I laughed a little because he was SO earnest. He really was amazed that when an M is turned upside-down it becomes a W.

But I think he learned the word "amazing" from me saying it very sarcastically when he's trying to show me something when I'm clearly VERY BUSY.

{Four}

I spent all of naptime yesterday modifying this thrifted shirt with the intention that I was going to incorporate it into a new awesome outfit to wear to my MOPS meeting this morning. 



At the last minute I remembered that the meeting was a pajama party. I was a little disappointed, but on the plus side, I didn't have to get out of my jammies this morning. I'm still wearing them, in fact.

{five}
I saw this sign out front of our local elementary school this morning. Of course I had to take a picture so I could remember it always.



{Six}
Due to an unfortunate incident involving a cute little home-destroyer named Pippin, we are currently living without a couch. It's hard, ya'll. The other night I had insomnia and didn't go to sleep until 4:30am, so I could have reaaaallly used a nap, but there was nowhere comfortable to get horizontal and still be within earshot of the kids. It was a problem.
Thankfully, my in-laws decided to buy us a new couch for Christmas! We went to the furniture last weekend and this is the one we picked:


Unfortunately they had to order it so it won't arrive until the new year, but I am looking forward to many pleasant naps on it.

{Seven} 

The giveaway is still going on! The winner gets to pick their own prize from my shop, so be sure to enter the giveaway here and then head over to the shop and take a look around at the potential prizes!


 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh - I hate IPAs too. I generally find the taste of hops to be terrible. But dark beers are too heavy and "burnt" tasting for me. My faves are all wheat beers, and the occasional ale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typically don't like burnt things, so it is really out of character for me to like dark beer--it's so weird! But yes, wheat beers are mm mm good.

      Delete
  2. "Burp flowers" - that's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know--that man has a way with words! :P

      Delete
  3. I found you from Conversion Diary. I too filled up countless sheets of graph paper with home plans as a child!

    ReplyDelete