This was step one of my plan.
We've never been a very celebratory family. We go to Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, but in our seven-plus years of marriage we have never even put up a Christmas tree! Let alone made a King Cake or an Easter ham. But I aim to change all that.
This year is the year that we start observing the liturgical year and celebrating it as a family.
Goals for Advent:
- Attempt to go to daily Mass with the kids once a week (because let's be realistic, here.)
- Read one book of a religious nature.
- Read our Advent devotional book every day.
- Start saying morning prayers again!
- Make handmade gifts for Christmas.
- Refrain from anything too Christmas-y until the actual Christmas season begins:)
Goals for the rest of the year:
Um...obviously I want to celebrate our Saints' days, anniversaries of baptisms, and the Solemnities and Feasts of the liturgical calendar, but I don't have a very well developed plan beyond that. I do plan on seeking guidance in this are from Haley's new book Feast! and also The Catholic Home.
Now then! On to some shameless self promotion.
Humblebee Handicrafts. The winner can pick any item from my shop as her (or his?) prize.
The giveaway will run until 12:00am on Monday, December 16 so your prize will arrive in time for Christmas:)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.