Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Miss Thang Turns One (5 Favorites)

Noni, Noni, Noni. What a year it's been! Difficult, to be sure, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

We're not doing a big celebration...just cupcakes (which have yet to be baked) when daddy gets home from work. But I did make a costume for my little superhero so I could make this trading card to commemorate the day:)



She's a feisty little girl, as was foreshadowed by her precipitous birth. You can read the story here if you're into that kind of thing. If not, the short version is that she went into stealth-labor mode and she's very lucky she wasn't born at my in-laws' house with only her big (19-month old) brother to catch her. That day was crazy, in the best possible sense of the word.

So, in honor of her birthday, here are my five favorite things about my best girl:

{one}
Her Nickname
 This girl has the most names of anyone I know. There is one name on her birth certificate, a shortened version that was supposed to be her official nickname. Then CJ met her and insisted that her name was "Noni. One year later and it's still going strong.

{two} 
Her 'Tude 

 Yes, the majority of the time it makes me want to pull my hair out, but secretly I really like that she has such a strong personality. I've always had a more timid disposition, and I am of the opinion that life is a lot easier for those who aren't afraid to start a ruckus! But we DO need to work on her tone to make sure her message isn't lost (what with all the screaming and everything).


{three} 
 Her Sleeping Skills

 I don't want to get into specifics lest I jinx myself, but let's just say that I get a pretty decent break from her aforementioned feistiness due to sleep.

{four} 
Lefty Alert!

I stashed CJ in a shipping box with some crayons so he could write on walls to his heart's content. Of course Noni wanted to join the fun. Don't tell her that her crayon is actually a spoon!

Ok, I'm only mostly sure that she's a lefty. She loves to imitate CJ so they both spend a lot of time coloring (or pretending to color, shhhhhh!) and the last few weeks I've started to notice that she uses her left hand about 75% of the time. I'm a righty myself but I've always thought that lefties are pretty cool.

{five} 
 She's awesome!


This girl is amazing. She may be infuriatingly clingy and insufferably loud at the moment, but she's got all the makings of a storybook heroine. She's going places, and I hope she takes me with her!



Linking up with Hallie, who I hope is busy planning a conference right now:)
 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment