Friday, February 28, 2014

Naps, cookies, and stage fright {7QTs}

Linking up with Jen the Industrious.

{1}
So my DIY hair plopping cap technically worked, but I am not feeling confident enough to post official pictures. Right now I am sporting 10 months worth of pixie cut overgrowth, and even though using the cap made it look a lot better than usual, it still looked pretty bad by most standards.

{2}
I didn't sleep well last night, then we were cooped up in the house all day due a canceled MOPS meeting and the stupid weather...so this morning wasn't pretty. After lunch I made the biggest mug of hot cocoa known to man, but when that didn't perk me up I had to pull out the big guns. I put Noni down for her nap, CJ down for his nap/not nap and then put in some earplugs so I wouldn't be able to hear CJ singing his ABCs over and over again. Then I fell into bed for a little shut eye of my own. I typically don't try to nap, since it usually takes me a long time to fall asleep and when I finally do drift off someone is crying. Not so today. I'm glad CJ actually did go to sleep today, because I was out for over two hours.


{3}
One of the reasons I didn't sleep well last night is because my band has a performance tonight, and in addition to playing the violin I will be debuting my dubious skills on the mandolin, which I only started playing about two months ago. As if that weren't nerve-wracking enough, I'll also be filling in for our vocalist, who can't be there. I like singing, but I haven't done it in front of an audience in almost 10 years. Quaking in my boots, over here.


{4}
We recently bought a minivan, and with its purchase came 3 months of free Satellite radio.  It didn't take me long to find and latch on to the 90's alternative and grunge station.

So we were cruising in the swagger wagon and Stone Temple Pilots came on the radio and CJ said, "Oh, mommy! I hear angels!!!"

Not quite, babe. Not quite.

{5}
Why my kid is crying:



He was taking too long to put his booster tray so and we prayed without him.  

That was intense.

{6}
Ummm...thinkthinkthink...
Oh! I know. So I finally finished our taxes this week and Nemo took it into a real tax plance for a free "second look" and the preparer said I did a great job.
I am flattered to the max. No really, I am. Even though it was an "easy" year where didn't move, living in two states, have more than one job, or buy or sell a house. Don't care. Putting it on my resume. "Great" tax filer.

{7} 
Today I'm also over at Living in the Green sharing a recipe to use up leftover baby cereal. If the thought of eating cookies made from baby food doesn't completely disgust you, head over and check it out!


 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment