Friday, February 14, 2014

Things I Just Realized {7QT}

Linking up with Jen, whose memoir Something Other Than God is coming out in April. Coincidentally, my birthday is also in April and I love memoirs. Hint hint.

My brain, you guys. Allow me to illustrate the sad, sad state of things upstairs with a few dawning realizations I've made over the past week.

{1} 
So it turns out that the bready coating on corndogs is actually cornbread. Hence the name. I honestly thought it was called a corndog because the shape is reminiscent of an ear of corn.
I mean, come ON! This was a perfectly reasonable assumption to make, right? Especially considering that I've never eaten a corndog before. Not for health reasons, mind you. I've just always been more of a sweet than a savory person, so when there is carnival food about I am going to go for the elephant ears 110% of the time.

But still:


{2}
Stove grates, those collectors of grease and spaghetti sauce that are too big to fit in the sink and are a pain and a half to wipe down, can actually go in the dishwasher.

I was googling how to clean stove grates without all the scrubbing--I was thinking maybe a vinegar solution or something--and one forum said to JUST PUT THEM IN THE DISHWASHER. I scoffed at first because it couldn't be that easy, could it? I ran to my stove's user manual and sure enough, the grates are dishwasher safe.
 
Oh my cheese. The HOURS I have wasted trying to get those things clean. 

{3}
Along similar lines, when I was cleaning off the top of the fridge I found a nifty cover for CJ's booster tray. We've had that booster for years and I was always griping that the tray was in no way easy to clean (too big to fit in the sink)--what were they thinking, putting this piece of crap on the market? But oh yeah, it turns out it came with a tray cover that easily fits IN THE DISHWASHER. And it's been doing me a lot of good on top of the fridge for the last two years. 



{4}
The sweater I wore a few weeks ago that I professed that I bought for 50 cents even though it was stain free? Yeah, it has a stain. And it must have been there when I bought it because it looks like pen ink, and we don't really keep pens handy around here since CJ got all artistic on the walls.

{5}

Getting Diet Pepsi in your eye hurts almost as much as childbirth. Hot chocolate up your nose is equally unpleasant. Ditto to hiccuping while eating a green bean. These all happened to me, and adult who has allegedly mastered fine motor control and hand-eye coordination, all in the same day.



{6}
My sewing machine wasn't broken all last week, the power supply had just wiggled itself loose.

doctor who facepalm photo:  giftenfacepalm.gif

{7}

Aaaand my serger has been threaded completely wrong for almost a year.


This explains the tension problems I've been having, both thread tension and "why isn't this WORKING?!?!?" tension.

How excited was I to waste precious nap time to completely re-thread this beast?



So, in summation:





 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! We have a gas oven with holes around the stove eyes, and the day I realized I could lift the top of the stove and clean underneath was a happy day indeed.

    ReplyDelete