Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Farewell to Ice Cream

I typically don't give up a specific type of food for Lent as many other people do. I have always gravitated towards things like curbing my bad language or always putting away the laundry rather than piling it on top of the dresser, and this is for a very good reason.

I come from a long and honorable line of sugar maniacs (you don't mind me saying that do you, Mom? Grandma?)  and I have always severely doubted my ability to go 40 days without my favorite food group.
Maybe the prolonged winter has driven me mad, but this year I've decided to dip a toe into the sugar-free waters.

I'm not giving up ALL sweets, mind you. That would be nuts. But I am going to give up ice cream.

This is kind of a big deal. I eat a big bowl of ice cream almost every night before going to bed. It's my prize for making it through the day and oh, how I do look forward to it when the toddlers are all screamy. Whenever I go to an event that keeps me out late, no matter how fun it is there is always a little part of me sulking, "but what about my icccce creeeeammmm?"

It occurs to me that this is perhaps not the most healthy attitude towards any kind of food. One might even call it an addiction. One would probably be right.

For the last several weeks I have been trying hard to wrap my head around the idea of ice cream-less evenings, but even though I am able to contemplate it at this point the actual sacrifice is going to be super hard for me (but I guess that's kind of the point, isn't it?). I put this graphic together to help keep me motivated during these 40 days.



And in case you are also giving up something for Lent that you dearly love, I made a graphic for you too:)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y537/EvaHumblebee/lent20142_zpsd1dc0e27.jpg

To insert your particular sacrifice, click on the above image to download, then go to picmonkey.com and open the file.

Then in the left-hand tool bar, click the insert text icon (1), then scroll to the bottom of the font list and select the Amatic Small Caps (2), then click "Add Text" (3).


Next all you have to do is enter your text, move it to where you want, then hit "Save" (4). Done!




 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment