Sunday, March 16, 2014

IntrovertFest 2014


I am writing this at the tail end of a lovely weekend off. Nemo took the kids to visit his parents for the weekend, and I took the opportunity to refresh and revive my introverted self. The activities included sleeping in, drinking lots of tea in an unhurried fashion, making/eating cookies, re-watching The Hunger Games (by accident; I thought I had rented Catching Fire), and going to Mass all on my own. It. Was. Glorious.

 Dress: Kohl's // Sweater: Thrifted // Tights: Target // Boots: Keen

Also in this photo is my rediscovered fireplace surround. The fireplace had been boarded up, completely covering the tile surround, and I took it upon myself to come up with a way to show off the tile and still keep kids out of the fireplace proper. I did it all by myself, table-saw use included! I blogged it over at Living in the Green.


Brooch: No clue, pretty though, right?


I've also got some new stuff on my face!

Over the weekend I also realized that I only own 2 tubes of lipstick and they are both the same color of my lips. So I took the opportunity to go to Sephora (for the first time ever) and try out some new colors. I ended up taking this one home...the sales lady assured me I could pull it off but I remain skeptical. Thoughts?


I am also currently rocking a super-cool DIY injury. Did you know that drill bits get hot when you use them a lot? Because friction. I knew that, but I guess my behavior didn't really reflect that. When I was working on the above-mentioned fireplace I was hurriedly changing a drill bit and the one that I'd just been using got too close to my face and...blammo. Nice burn blister that looks oh so like a raging zit. Fabulous.

Head over to Fine Linen and Purple to see some more WIWS posts that probably don't include facial injuries.
 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg








Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds heavenly!!

    Super cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at an outdoor party once and turned face-first into a lit cigarette. (I was sitting, they were standing.) That was a gross face burn.

    I love that lipstick color! You can definitely pull it off.

    ReplyDelete