Monday, May 26, 2014

The Projects Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Stress, thy name is relocation. Nemo recently decided to accept a job offer in Wisconsin, over 600 miles from the area we've called home for the last eight years. So for the next month we'll be extremely busy orchestrating the move.

Our house went up on the market on Friday, and we've had several showings so far with positive feedback. Although our agent reported that someone loved everything about the house, but hated the outbuilding. Me too, sister. Me too.

Prayers are appreciated for a quick sale.

We still have to find a place to live in our new city and we'll probably be making a trip out there in the next few weeks to scout out real estate, but realistically we'll be renting for a while before we buy.

Anyway, on to the project. With house showings on the horizon I had my eye out for a twin bed frame. We've had a twin mattress on the floor of my attic sewing room for two years, which doesn't exactly scream class.

A week or so ago I was out thrifting with my MIL (I'll miss our outings so much when we move!) and I came across a cute vintage metal bed frame. It was very dusty and cobwebby, but other than that it was in great shape.


The foot board of said bed.
One afternoon when Noni was sleeping Professor Nonappington and I sanded and washed it down.

 A bucket of water and a paint brush kept him occupied for SO LONG. It was incredible.

Then I dragged everything to my weed patch for many many layers of this blue spray paint (which looks oddly light in this picture.) The paint I used was Krylon ColorMaster from Walmart in Oxford Blue. In my opinion, it should be marketed under the name "TARDIS blue".

It took three cans of spray paint to get it completely and evenly coated, and this is the final result!

Here's the pic of the sewing room that appears in our listing.

 If we were staying in this house, I would have no worries about where to put any more kids we might have. One can easily fit 4 stinky teenagers in that room. It's huge!

The quilt is by my lovely, talented, and very busy grandmother. I love the colors! I hope to put this on Noni's big girl bed in about 6.7 years when she is ready to vacate the portacrib.



It is just too stinkin' cute. I can't even stand it. Can you?




 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg


 

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Wisconsin?!?! Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

    Ahem, what I mean to say is:
    Congratulations!!!!! So happy for Nemo finding a job (assuming that it is in the area he was looking for since it's not in one of your preferred locations). Let's do lunch at least once before you leave :)!

    ReplyDelete