Friday, June 20, 2014

PLOT. TWIST.

My battle cry these days.

Apartment hunting sure is a lot more complicated than I remember. I guess not being anywhere CLOSE to the city we are hunting in is one of the main complicating factors. As is moving to a place that is actually experiencing economic growth (that's a new one for me) and thus has a competitive rental market.

When we visited a few weeks back on an apartment hunting mission, by some miracle we found a three-bedroom that wasn't icky and was available when we needed it. We were thisclose to signing the lease and I had announced the happy news on Facebook, then I got cold feet at the last minute because

a) No garage. Which I hate.

b) Only one bathroom. Hello, IBS.

c) On the second floor, no elevator

d) Only 1000 square feet, which wouldn't leave much space for my sewing stuff

All first-world problems, I'll grant you.

It wouldn't matter so much but for the fact that Nemo's new job requires longer hours and more travel than we are used to. It's going to be a huge lifestyle change from home at 4:30pm every day and having summers off. Plus it's in WISCONSIN, where I hear the winters are not so fun. The thought of being cooped up in a tiny second floor apartment with a new threenager and the Queen of Sass herself, neither of whom are good at climbing lots of stairs and are even less good at helping clear mountains of snow off the car, with no Nemo to rescue me at the end of the day was really more than I could bear.

As I try to write this.

So back to the drawing board we went.

I've been glued to Craigslist for the last two weeks. We lost out on a great opportunity last week and everything else we've found is SUPER expensive. Like three times what we spend on our house now.

Have I mentioned that the movers are picking up our stuff on June 30? Ha ha ha ha. Oh. Crimeny. We're doomed.
 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment