Friday, July 18, 2014

Potty Training! TP Unravelling! And more. {7QTs}



Linking without thinking over at Jen's.

{1}

Because I believe in keeping things real on the internet, here is a picture of what our living area looks like rightthisminute.

We do have furniture now, so, yay!  But due to the new place being roughly half the size of the new one, we are having issues finding places for all of our stuff. I always thought I was a minimalist, but this move has taught me differently.

{2}
 While the house leaves something to be desired, the neighborhood is awesome (which is why we picked it). It is very peaceful and the weather has been so great lately that I have been making a habit of going out for a solo walk after we get the kids in bed. Last night the views were particularly nice.

 A neighbor's back yard. Tres jealous.

What you can't see in the picture is that for the last few days the lovely neighborhood has been smelling spectacularly of horseshit.

My theory is that some local green thumb got a delivery of manure for their garden beds, which is great, but boy does it stank.


{3} 
So, six or seven years ago my bike was stolen right off our then-apartment's porch. We lived a block away from a high school that could be politely described as "INTENSE", and stolen bikes were the least of the police department's worries. Anyway. I never bothered to buy a new one so I haven't biked in over half a decade.

Now, I know many super-cool people that are avid bikers, so when I saw there was a cycling class at my new gym I thought, hey, I'll be super cool too!

No.


Someone...
broke my tailbone about three years ago, and it still bothers me quite a bit. Somehow I managed to forget that when I was signing up for a class that would require an hour of contact between said tailbone and a narrow seat evidently made out of concrete.
I made it through the class and it really was a great workout, but I just can't bring myself to go back next week. Guess I can't be super cool after all.

{4} 
Speaking of CJ, I intended on starting to potty train him this weekend due to the impending start of preschool...then I remembered that I don't have a washing machine.

One is supposed to be installed before August 1, so I guess all potty training plans are on hold until then. Thank goodness. I hate changing diapers, but I am really not looking forward to the whole transition.

{5}
Speaking of CJ and transitions (poor kid is having a lot of them lately and he is holding up admirably under the pressure), we changed him over from a crib to a toddler bed when we moved. It has been going rather well, other than some early morning wake-ups to explore the new house when we first arrived. We nipped that in the bud and it hadn't been a problem for a while. Then at 4:40-something last night (I don't consider that to be morning and neither should you) he was stomping around the house looking for "Mommmeeeeeeeeee!" and he got very upset when Daddy tried to put him back to bed. Then when I put him back to bed he pretty much zonked right away. I'm thinking sleep walking, and I really hope he doesn't make a habit of it.

The kids don't often disturb my sleep these days, which is good because I do a fine job of disturbing my own sleep. Really really hoping that he doesn't make a habit of it...

{6}

Someone unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper all over the powder room and kitchen today. Surprisingly for a household with two toddlers and two cats, this has never happened before. That was super annoying.
{7}

Ya'll should know that Brother Francis has a new dvd available over at Herald Entertainment.  If you like to catechize your kids but don't have a lot of time or brain cells, Brother Francis is the guy for you!
 
That's the news for now. Later gators.

 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment