Friday, September 19, 2014

These kids today

I rarely write posts just about the kids, but now that we are tragically far away from a large cohort of our friends and family, I thought I would put together a little update on these kids of ours.



CJ started going to nursery school two mornings a week, and he is just in hogs' heaven. When I come to pick him up he gives me the stink eye and says, "No, mom. Don't come back." Warms the cockles of my heart.

***
While CJ is at school Noni and I go to a "Mommy and Me" gymnastics class at the local Little Gym. My little anti-socialite is doing very well and having lots of fun. She sometimes even allows the teacher to help her on the equipment. If you've ever met her in person, you'll know that this is HUGE.

Her teacher says that she is ahead of the curve when it comes to "hanging on". I am not surprised at all, little barnacle that she is.

It should be noted that Noni doesn't usually use a pacifier, so this picture is pretty funny to me. She never got the hang of them as a baby, but she found this one somewhere a while back and seemed curious about it, so I washed it off so she could play with it. Now you'd think she was born with that thing in her mouth.
***

Noni started calling CJ "Nah-Noo", which invariably gives him a temper tantrum because that is NOT his name. It's close to his real name (we don't actually call him "CJ") but not close enough for his taste.

***
Noni is started to progress quite a bit with her language skills, but not quickly enough for CJ. The other day he handed Noni a toy and she very politely said, " 'ank you." CJ got in a horrible snit about it. "No! You can't say  'ank you! There's a T-H in it!"

He really shouldn't be throwing stones, though, because he refers to my Kindle as a "Tingle".

***

We recently discovered that Noni is allergic to peanuts. A few months ago I gave the kids peanut butter with their snack, which I rarely do because peanut butter is messy and I am lazy. Anyway, after snack was cleared away, this happened:


Any skin that came in contact with the PB got really red, swollen, and itchy--she also got some in her left eye, as you can see in the picture. 

A trip to the allergist confirmed it. Allergic. Not life threateningly so, at the moment, but I have an Epi-Pen in my purse now. Bummer.
But there is a silver lining: She isn't allergic to tree nuts! The Nutella can stay!!!

***

I've got to wrap it up now, because I am headed off to Michigan for the second time this month, but this time on a plane and without bambinos! So say a prayer for Nemo, who will be wrangling them solo this weekend:)



 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your update! I was thinking of y'all yesterday while making your zucchini bread. You are so funny! Barnacle! Big bummer about peanut allergy though. That would really rock my world. Kiss your kids for us!

    ReplyDelete