Thursday, December 11, 2014

Dramarama

I've had a lot of mildly stressful days lately. We all know that when you have a bunch of those in a row, things are going to escalate and you will eventually have a BAD DAY.

CJ and Noni love to make each other miserable. This has been going on since Noni was nine months old, when all she had to do was look at CJ slyly and say, "Bup" in a particular tone of voice to make him burst into a Psycho-esque fit of screaming. Family members and ladies at the gym daycare comment on their mutual love of making the other cry, so I guess it's not totally normal behavior? When we decided to give him a sibling, I  imagined that I was giving CJ a friend for life, but I guess they're turning out to be more like the sworn-enemy siblings in fairytales. Ah well. You can't win them all.

Anyway, screaming. It's been a constant presence in my life for many years now, and I'm still not used to it. Lately, the screaming has been more pervasive than usual (how is that even possible?), which brings us to today's BAD DAY.

After Noni screamed for 15 straight minutes during the drive to her gymnastic class this morning, I decided that after we picked CJ up from preschool, I would be taking the day off.

And that's exactly what I'm doing.

Clearly. 

Today, my only duties are feeding the kids something food-like on occasion and making sure the house doesn't burn down. No cleaning, no cooking, not even any sewing.

I've prescribed myself a diet of tea with toast and Nutella, an afternoon of couch rest, and much Netflix. I just hope I can hear the TV above all the screaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment