Friday, December 5, 2014

Happenings (SQTs)



Linking up with Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum, the new home of Seven Quick Takes!

{1}

So!

I bought a ticket to attend the Edel Gathering in July 2015! I'm still not sure how it's going to work out, what with the distance, cost, and the having of a three-month-old who may very well take after her colicky siblings, but I am bound and determined to make this happen!

{2}
It was recently discovered that Baby "Ender" is a girl! I guess that means that we have to stop calling her Ender now. Or do we?
She is about 22.5 weeks right now, and continues to demand and inordinate amount of ethnic foods. Just yesterday I was forced to make an emergency run to Aldi to get the fixings for Greek salad, including peppercorn feta cheese and pickled beets. I recently read on Wikipedia that putting beets in Greek salad is only a thing in Detroit. Silly rest of the world. You don't know what you're missing.

{3}
Shameless self-promotion: I got these toddler dresses listed in my Etsy shop this week.



Due to some policy changes, my Etsy shop hasn't done well over the last year or so, and I'm beginning to explore other markets, i.e. Facebook, and I also was recently accepted as a vendor at a big local craft show taking place in February. Hey, I've got to pay for that ticket to Edel somehow.


{4}

There is a lot of growing up going on here. CJ has mastered counting by twos and by fives and, though he usually eschews drawing in favor of writing out the word for whatever it is he is asked to draw, he recently drew a pair of scissors.  


At the age of 22 months, Noni has jumped from being basically non-verbal to speaking in four or five word sentences. All I can say about that is THANK SWEET HEAVEN. There is still a lot of screaming, such as when I refuse her request to "My turn up please" because I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, but at least I KNOW why she's screaming.

{5}

For your amusement: Christmas 1986
 
(I'm the one who looks like Noni)

{6}

A few weekends ago we had family pictures taken for our Christmas cards. My Facebook feed is full of kids that smile for the camera, but my kids seem to have a positively Victorian attitude towards being photographed.

 Let's sit here and look angry.

Every. Single. One.

{7} 

With 40 minutes remaining in "nap" time, I am off to wrap presents for St. Nicholas' visit tonight. And maybe to eat one of the chocolate coins.


 photo Signature1_zps6ee36174.jpg

Postscript: There's more Humblebee on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hope to see you there! Especially on Instagram. I love Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. "positively Victorian attitude"! That just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm how you're going to make it work is by splitting a hotel room with me and HOLY COW I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS A GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! That is going to help a lot:)

      Delete